Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I have tried to stretch myself in using more tools in my Google site.  I have researched, watched tutorials and even scoured the "unofficial google website help".  I have added a table, table of contents and an embedded video to my site.  I feel that using more tools instead of just listing information and links adds variety and interest for the reader.  Also I feel that learning about web design should include learning about how to make use of the most important features this host has to offer on the sites.  Each tool has its own quirks and takes quite a bit of time (for me) to figure out.  I feel that my site is interesting, yet does not reflect the many hours I have spent on it.

New in the last 2 weeks is the use of sub pages I have added to the site.  They are also reflected in the sidebar navigation.

At home I have researched, compared prices and purchased a new all-in-one printer.  I have enjoyed finally being able to scan.  For $139 I purchased a new N-router and installation package from Best Buy.  The Geek Squad came out and hooked up the new router, secured the network, and connected the wireless printer with our 2 desktops and 2 laptops.  It's a whole new computer haven!